Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS WH40K
1500pt Huron Blackheart List (CSM)
October 7, 2013
4:38 pm
Nathan

Veteran
Full Users
Forum Posts: 103
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Anyone mind giving me their thoughts about a 1500pt Chaos Space Marine list I've come up with. It focuses on being maneuverable and infiltrating:

Huron Blackheart - 160

5x Chaos Terminators: 5x Mark of Slannesh, 1 terminator with a single Lightning Claw and combi-bolter, 2 terminators with pairs of Lightning Claws (one of these is the champion), 1 with a Chain Fist and Combi-melta, final one with a combi-bolter and power sword - 191

Landraider dedicated transport - 230

9x Chaos Space Marines, 8x Closecombat weapons, Rhino, Melta gun - 188

9x Chaos Space Marines, 8x Closecombat weapons, Rhino, Melta gun - 188

10x Chaos Space Marines, 9x Closecombat weapons, Rhino, Melta gun - 203

Heldrake, balefamer - 170

Heldrake, balefamer - 170

Total: 1500

Basically I use Huron's warlord trait to infiltrate with at least the termie squad in their landraider, and possibly another 1 or 2 squads, or 1 squad with Huron himself.

Is the termie loadout ok? Should I keep the melta weapons or take plasma etc?

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....IMQ2s_5Mwg

Commander of the World Breakers Legion - A Black Legion splinter force, lead my the monstrous terminator lord Rul'tuk, notorious for raiding and burning imperial agriworlds and converting entire battalions of imperial guard to their dark cause. Their armour is stained with the ashes of a dozen of agriworlds, set ablaze as burnt offerings to their dark gods. The telltale sign of this legions presence is a trail of thick grey smoke and frenzied worshipers wearing ragged leather and re-breathers strewn across a battlefield. Prepare to burn, weaklings.

October 8, 2013
2:54 pm
Ben Calvert-Lee
Fareham, Hampshire

Secretary

Webmaster
Forum Posts: 1970

Bear in mind Huron doesn't have Infiltrate himself, so you'd need to roll 2 or 3 units to get the USR.

Decent discussion on why here.

I'd argue you can Outflank with Huron and the terminators using a roll of 1 unit getting the USR as he joins them in Reserve.

EDIT: Reading your post again, I think you may already be aware of that limitation :)

October 8, 2013
3:26 pm
Tony

Veteran Sergeant
Event Organisers
Forum Posts: 727

If you have given the termies MOS and unwieldy weapons, its a bit of waste. I'd use the Tzeentch mark, the 4++ makes them markedly more survivable. Conversly, Nurgle and Slaanesh benefits them least, as weapons used on them will most likely be wounding on 2+ and inflict instant death. Khorne is good for a laugh, in effect you dont care who charges plus the LC's with be wounding on 3+ re-roll. In the current meta it wont hurt to be able to wound a T8 model on 3's either.

Ethos defines us,

Esperit De Corps binds us

October 9, 2013
8:52 am
Nathan

Veteran
Full Users
Forum Posts: 103

I'm aware of the limitations of the infiltrate USR being conferred to Huron. I'd probably never infiltrate him, since he seems to be more use in a squad that's got a longer squad as he's fearless.

I've only got 1 unwieldy weapon on the termies, but really what I went for was to make them look like a big gribbly unit that then opponent wants to do everything to stop from getting too close. They are more of a distraction than anything else, and if they do get into combat, they will rape marines before they even get a chance to attack! That said, I think Tzeentch isn't a bad idea. they are likely going to spend 1 turn in the open... and last match I learnt the hard way that a 4++ would have been much more useful.

I'm going to fit a dozer blade on the landraider, so I need to drop some other points elsewhere. The terminator's loadout might change a lot.

Commander of the World Breakers Legion - A Black Legion splinter force, lead my the monstrous terminator lord Rul'tuk, notorious for raiding and burning imperial agriworlds and converting entire battalions of imperial guard to their dark cause. Their armour is stained with the ashes of a dozen of agriworlds, set ablaze as burnt offerings to their dark gods. The telltale sign of this legions presence is a trail of thick grey smoke and frenzied worshipers wearing ragged leather and re-breathers strewn across a battlefield. Prepare to burn, weaklings.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 86

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Brown: 1221

Tony: 727

Zak: 714

Foleysrose: 580

cmc2011: 541

Huang da wei: 502

Czechfan: 429

JohnLawley: 396

leighdaclown: 350

Gorbad: 337

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2860

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 27

Topics: 2231

Newest Members:

AlbertDausy, estibrestelp, royemunson, englewpam, DavidawApy, craig_rossi, Eileengulty, Cyruszek, AnnaCix, WilliamScopy

Administrators: Admin: 16, FCWookiee: 1279, Ben Calvert-Lee: 1970