DEPRECIATED - please use the Facebook Group.
January 25, 2013
On 4 Oct 18 the committee met to discuss club business.
Minutes from the previous meeting were agreed to be discussed:
- Various banking systems are now in place, this will aid in the financial administration of the club. Closed.
- There is an old HSBC account associated to the club, holding apx £200. The only signatory is Garry Simmonds. The only way to access this money is to get Garry to the bank.
- Ben Calvert-Lee is in the process of producing Necromunda suitable terrain for the club.
- The gaming mats and tubes require a storage bin to be made, currently the tubes are falling over and generally untidy.
- Labels for the mat tubes will need to be produced.
- James Brown has been a great asset to the club by creating content for the Facebook feed and being an admin. Thanks Jimbo! Closed.
- AoS Sequitor painting competition. No pics or winners were announced. Thanks to GW for providing the miniatures to paint!
- Necromunda campaign. If there is enough interest, Ole is willing to run a campaign.
- Painting competition. Prizes agreed at £35 for 1st place, £15 for 2nd, £10 for 3rd. Closed.
- John Lawley has donated 3 sets of mechanicus terrain to the club, in exchange for a season pass. This was very generous to us, thanks John! Closed.
- Website. The decline in use of the forums means that the website will be re-rolled to something more suitable in the future.
- Committee communications. The committee have now switched to WhatsApp. All messages and requests should be answered within 48 hours in this group. Closed.
The following points were brought up for discussion.
- Apparel. There is a large reserve of club shirts, hoodys and jumpers available for purchase, but members are not buying or wearing them. At committee discretion, apparel will be given out to members if they are representing the club at an event. Closed.
- Bushido event. Ben will be running a Bushido event, date TBC. No hall booked.
- 40k Team Tournament. Tony will be running a 40k event on the 16th Mar 19.
- Board Game Day. With the amount of other clubs and specialist shops in the area, the club will not be running a board game day this year. Members are encouraged to represent the club at one of the other locations. Closed.
- Secretary. Due to circumstances, Tony Kirby may require to step down as secretary in April 19. Current members are encouraged to apply for this role if it becomes vacant.
- Warhammer: Portsmouth. The demo night of Kill Team and Titanicus have been popular. Tony will invite them down to demo other new games as they become available.
- Committee roles. There has been some confusion over committee roles. It has been clarified that the gamer reps, Ole and Gary, should be the first point of contact for general queries and social media outreach. Closed.
- Committee discussions. Members are not aware of committee discussions, and therefore the future and direction of the club. All agreed to the publishing of committee meetings for public viewing, in the hope that members will take a greater interest and volunteer to assist.
- Raffle. Other clubs have started running raffles, was this something we wanted to start? The committee decided that the club does not require the extra income, or the added work for the committee. However, it was agreed that at the AGM a season pass would be raffled of if members were willing to buy a ticket.
That concludes the committee meeting.
Ethos defines us,
Esperit De Corps binds us
Most Users Ever Online: 86
Currently Browsing this Page:
Huang da wei: 502
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:MichaelHible, richardHam, Williamovell, Rosariocix, siopropusplacroy, peteraskirk, oppoilumulop, Dennisinduh, Christianjak, lenbfirsmuminthird
Administrators: Admin: 16, FCWookiee: 1279, Ben Calvert-Lee: 1972