The Proving Grounds – Warhammer Escaltion Campaign

Starting in January, several of the fantasy players are planning to run a year long escalation campaign. The campaign will be fluff driven, with each general naming his characters and units. Each of these characters and models will progress throughout the campaign, heroes will become lords, units will gain extra abilities and items will be awarded.

The campaign will be based on the escalation campaign run by the black sun podcast (http://theblacksunpodcast.tumblr.com/) and the blood in the badlands campaign book, with smatterings of the storm of magic and mighty empires! The generals are allowed to pick any army from the 15 standard army books, the tamurkan armies and the legion of undead from the Nagash book. We are also allowing the unofficial army books from the http://www.warhammerarmiesproj…..spot.co.uk

Starting with just a 500point force will will progress to a fully painted 3000 point grand army and 500pts of Storm of Magic Allies! Each month, each general will add 250 points of painted models to their force (2 months will also include an extra 250 points of storm of magic). We are not limiting people to games workshop models so these can be from any model range, allowing the “generals” full freedom of modelling. The only rules we have is WYSIWYG (so if it’s a dual-weilding minotaur it should look like a dual-weilding minotaur or a empire handgunner, should look like a human with a gun!) and that all armies should follow a theme, (ie Stirland Empire have a death theme and are in shades of green and yellow, or Lamhian Vampires are based around the female bloodsuckers and their court!)

As for the gaming side, we will play just one game a month to help progress the story, work out all the external factors, such as land control, captured characters, injured characters etc. This frees up the players to play other game systems/games.

Currently we have six people signed up for the campaign, but more are welcome if you want to take part, think of it as a great way to either get into Warhammer or to re-introduce yourself into the game! The current players and their armies are:

Alan – Skaven
David – Ogre Kingdoms
Gary – Wood Elves?
Garry – Beastmen
Kevin – Bretonnian
and Brown – Albion

When the campaign gets going, we will run a blog on tumbler to keep people in formed on the progress of the campaign and to keep a record of games and army photos.
So if you fancy trying, just pick an army (preferably one not already picked, but can be a duplicate if need be) and post below. It will give you 3-4 months to get your first 500pt force and your fluff ready for January!

229 comments on “The Proving Grounds – Warhammer Escaltion Campaign
  1. juck101 says:

!!! Awesome. I so need this, and will have a painting incentive in my life.

Juck – Warriors of Chaos

Brown – Albion
    Juck – Warriors of Chaos
    Jamie – Vampire Counts
    Sanj – Dwarves (again!)
    Julian – Orcs and Goblins

still more welcome!

4. Sounds great! (but I don’t square base :P)

5. sanj says:

Zak said
    Regular updates on how the campaign progresses would be great

Agreed, let’s keep blogs, blogs for everyone.

6. If anyone wants to blog about this on the club site, give me a shout and I’ll set you up!

7. Brown says:

Fleafa said
    Sounds great! (but I don’t square base :P)

Come on….you could get your Pointy Ear fix with the three flavours of elf.

8. I sold one flavour last year.

9. izeman82 says:

For those still sitting on the fence about possibly trying this, here’s what the commitment/limits are for each of the “spring” months:

Month 1 (January) Needed for the 27/01/15
    500pts of your chosen army with following limitations: Max 125pts in Lords/Heroes/Rare, Max 250pts in Special and Min 125pts in Core. The other restriction is you can have either a BSB or a Wizard but not both.

Month 2 (February) Needed for the 24/02/15
    750pts of your chosen army with following limitations: Must contain previous months army plus extra 250pts with max 185pts in Lords/Heroes/Rare, max 375pts in Special and Min 185pts in Core. Again the other restriction is you can have either a BSB or a Wizard but not both.

Month 3 (March) Needed for the 31/03/15
    1000pts of your chosen army with following limitations: Must contain previous months army plus extra 250pts with max 250pts in Lords/Heroes/Rare, Max 500pts in Special and Min 250pts in Core. Also needed is 250pts of Storm of Magic creatures. The other restrictions is now lifted.

So for example:
    A Dark Elf player may start with: A Master on cold one with lance and sea dragon cloak, 10 Darkshards with champion and standard bearer, 5 cold one knights and 1 cold one chariot for 499pts.
    In month 2 he might add shield and heavy armour on Master, 10 witch elves, full command plus sword of striking on knights and a bloodwrack medusa for a total of 251pts making it 750 in total.
    Finally in month 3 he adds: A sorceress on a clod one and a war hydra for 252pts giving him a total of 1002pts. Also this month he adds his 250pts of Storm of Magic in the form of a Hydra and 2 cold ones for 242pts

So between now and the end of march he has 32 models to buy, assemble (possibly convert) and paint!

Now I’m off to carry on sorting out my Skaven ready for January, got at least 10 different colour tester models to try! :D

10. juck101 says:

Excellent.

How about this for skaven: http://taleofpainters.blogspot…..nrats.html

11. Brown says:

I’ve ordered in more celts and my bases :D More then enough for a 1000 point game now (unpainted of course, that’s for the months lol) so I can get to grips with Fantasy again.

Now all I need is a Giant (most likely GW’s since it has a lot of bare skin so I can go to town with Woad), a old looking stone thrower, more chariots, some crazy naked fanatics and my elite troops.

12. izeman82 says:

Just in case anyone taking part in this campaign has missed it, “The End Times” have caused a major errata to the BRB (Big Red Book! – http://www.blacklibrary.com/Do…..OKv1.9.pdf), you can now take up to 50% of Lords and 50% of Heroes! This may make you change your minds on planned lists, or even on army choice, so the new monthly guide will be:

Month 1 (January) Needed for the 27/01/15
    500pts of your chosen army with following limitations: Max 250pts in Lords/Heroes/Special, Max 125pts in Rare and Min 125pts in Core. The other restriction is you can have either a BSB or a Wizard but not both.

Month 2 (February) Needed for the 24/02/15
    750pts of your chosen army with following limitations: Must contain previous months army plus extra 250pts with max 375pts in Lords/Heroes/Special, max 185pts in Rare and Min 185pts in Core. Again the other restriction is you can have either a BSB or a Wizard but not both.

Month 3 (March) Needed for the 31/03/15
    1000pts of your chosen army with following limitations: Must contain previous months army plus extra 250pts with max 500pts in Lords/Heroes/Special, Max 250pts in Rare and Min 250pts in Core. Also needed is 250pts of Storm of Magic creatures. The other restrictions are now lifted.

And p.s. I’ve now worked out my color scheme and have cobbled together a couple of conversions/kitbashing for the first couple of months! but keeping it under wraps for now…..

13. izeman82 says:

Also, still space for more players, although i would say a maximum of two more really, so current line up is:

1. Alan – Skaven
      2. David – Ogre Kingdoms
      3. Gary – Wood Elves?
      4. Garry – Beastmen
      5. Kevin – Bretonnian
      6. Brown – Albion
      7. Juck – Warriors of Chaos
      8. Jamie – Vampire Counts
      9. Sanj – Dwarves (again!)
      10. Julian – Orcs and Goblins
      11.
      12.
  14. garrysimmonds says:

Maybe changing to a nurgle beastmen list using the chaos legion rules

15. Cadan says:

Im in, my lizards have been dust covered for too long, seems a shame to forget about the game i have played for over ten years. The host of Itchybitz shall march to war once more :D

16. izeman82 says:

1. Alan – Skaven
    2. David – Ogre Kingdoms
    3. Gary – Wood Elves?
    4. Garry – Legions of Chaos (Nurgle Beastmen)
    5. Kevin – Bretonnian
    6. Brown – Albion
    7. Juck – Warriors of Chaos
    8. Jamie – Vampire Counts
    9. Sanj – Dwarves (again!)
    10. Julian – Orcs and Goblins
    11. Cadan – Lizardmen
    12.

Still space for one more..
    Also any more changes???

17. Zak says:

I’m into this now ill join with ogres

18. Rat-Bone says:

Any chance of making an exception for a 13th player……….I would be using Skaven. You cant have a narrative fantasy campaign without some ratty infighting!

19. Rat-Bone said
    …a 13th player…

You should be allowed to join, but only because the bell tolled 13.

20. Kevlar says:

Hey Alan,

With Brets I have a small problem at 500 points due their ‘must have BSB Paladin’ rule.  Then I need some sort general which means another Paladin at least.  This takes me over the 125pts limit.  I then do not have enough basic troops.

Can I forgo the BSB rule at under 500pts?  Therefore just use a basic Paladin as my initial general?

Kev

21. izeman82 says:

Kev, did you read the post about the change of point values, that due to the end times, you can now spend up to 250pts in Lords, Heroes and Special at 500pts? as long as you have three units (not including characters), you can spend more on lords/heroes
    ie.

Paladin w/shield (76pts),
      Paladin BSB (74pts),
      5 Errant Knights (100pts),
      10 Men at Arms (50pts),
      10 Peasant Bowmen (60pts),
      5 Questing Knights (140pts)

Total 500pts!

22. Cadan says:

Hopefully this wont be too late, if its ok, id like to change the army i will be using, from lizardmen to chaos dwarfs

23. izeman82 says:

8. Jamie – Vampire Counts
    9. Sanj – Dwarves – confirmed
    10. Julian – Orcs and Goblins
    11. Cadan – Chaos Dwarves – confirmed
    12. Zak – Ogre Kingdoms
    13. John – Skaven – confirmed

Can people confirm these, or let me know changes by pm, also room for more if you want to join, will close list on 1st December!

24. Kevlar says:

Yes confirm me please.  Have ordered Breton Battalion box set for xmas.

Would also like to ask how we are doing the initial 500 point game.  How about doing an initial game night of several tables all lined up and each player gets 3 games against a different army.  This is basically what happens at the 500 point combat patrol nights.

So we could play first game and then everyone take a step to the table on their right and then they would play some different on a different scenery layout.

This way every one gets a quick 3 games against different armies to kick start their campaign and story.

Just a suggestion……

25. izeman82 says:

Final Participants will be:
    1. Alan – Skaven
    2. David – Ogre Kingdoms
    3. Gary – Undead Legions
    4. Garry – Legions of Chaos (Nurgle Beastmen)
    5. Kevin – Bretonnian
    6. Brown – Albion
    7. Juck – Warriors of Chaos
    8. Jamie – Vampire Counts
    9. Sanj – Dwarves
    10. Julian – Orcs and Goblins
    11. Cadan – Chaos Dwarves
    12. Zak – Ogre Kingdoms
    13. John – Skaven

26. Brown says:

I’m going to have to drop out of the campaign i’m afraid, sorry guys.

27. izeman82 says:

OK Brown, thanks for letting me know!

28. izeman82 says:

Now we are down to 12 the first months games will be either 3x 4-player or 2x 6-player Triumph and Treachery games with points/gold being the factor that decides who gets which land plot on the map.

The first game will hopefully take place on the 27th January – so this is the deadline for your painted armies and starting fluff. We’ll take photos on the night and hopefully (if i can twist Sanj’s arm enough) do a battle report for at least one game.

Pm me if the 27th is OK or not. If not we will try a game the week before as well as the second week, but would be ideal if all there for the 27th for post game campaign rolls etc.

Just for some motivation, here’s my first unit, fully converted and painted!

29. juck101 says:

Yeah you deserve some love for getting a cool looking couple of models up already. The green lighting effect looks great and pretty fluffy. Wonderful start :)

30. sanj says:

I need to get a wiggle on.

Image Enlarger

31. Kevlar says:

Tuesday 27th good for me.  I do not know Triumph and Treachery rules so will have to be lead by you guys.

Should have 500 points painted to basic ability.

Also a question from reading over the rule book:  In the section concerning weapons models only get a parry save with a shield if they are on foot, to their front and armed with a hand weapon.  Does this mean that models armed with say Spear and shield do not get a parry save?

32. Rat-Bone says:

That is correct kevlar. you only get parry saves with hand weapon and shield and are on foot.

33. sanj says:

If you didn’t get my message Alan; I can’t make it on the 27th but I’m still really keen to take part.

34. izeman82 says:

hey Sanj, sorry, been a bit pre-occupied, we’ll try and get one of the 2 T&T games done on the 20th. just need to ask for volunteers to play earlier (hint! hint! need 6 of us in total)

35. sanj says:

I can do the 20th, see you then

Thanks.

36. izeman82 says:

right, so now need three to five volunteers to come and play a week early

1. Sanj
    2. Alan *
    3. David*

*will step out for following week if more than three want to play on the 20th!

37. garrysimmonds says:

I’m happy to play on the 20th, everything is 1/3rd painted so far so should be ok :-)

38. izeman82 says:

garrysimmonds said

I’m happy to play on the 20th, everything is 1/3rd painted so far so should be ok http://solentwargamers.co.uk/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

awesome, now just two more for week 1! come on guys 2 of you have to be brave enough to go earlier….

39. juck101 says:

I wont be ready for the 20th – sorry.

I did start to think about my fluff this weekend. My warband has raised a city and one of the city watch men has followed my grim trail of blood south. The watcher is a pretty weak fighter and is using his cultural talents to survive and pass on information to help save other human cities.

Painting is going well but I hit a snag. I need to work out a good gold painting recipe in order to complete my mounted troops. Hoepfully this weekend I should be closer …. buit im loving the campaign already :)

40. Gary says:

Haven’t even started making mine yet ahhhhh best get a scooby on

41. Cadan says:

Doubt i could get ready in time for the 20th, i really need to get a move on.

42. izeman82 says:

we will be lenient on painting for those that play a week early, but you must have the done for the week after for photographing!

so with that said still need 2-4 volunteers!!!

43. sanj says:

izeman82 said

Does that mean Juck or Cadan could be able to do the 20th?

Sorry to be a pain.

44. Gary says:

I can’t do the 20th as already organised a game

45. izeman82 says:

izeman82 said

Does that mean Juck or Cadan could be able to do the 20th?

Sorry to be a pain.

Yes if they wish to, and yes you are a pain Sanj, but I loves ya anyway!! (and I thought it might happen anyway)

46. Kevlar says:

Why not do 3 games of 4 people?

First game of 4 on the 20th.  Then 2 games of 4 players at same time on 27th?

47. Kevlar says:

Also, Alan when do you want story stuff. Do you want pre-first game stuff/fluff?

48. Kevlar says:

49. izeman82 says:

Kev, was trying to make it simpler for working out who gets what starting area in the campaign, 2×6 means i have only two 1st places, 2 second places etc rather than three of each, but it may come to 3×4!

As for the fluff etc, was going to collect it from everybody on the first game night so 20th or 27th depending on what night you play.

50. juck101 says:

Have we got a method to publish our writing & photos, or are you going to collate it all Al?

51. izeman82 says:

i’ll collate it all, it’ll be easier, just need to get everyone’s fluff and photos together. it might be easier for you all to email me with them. my email is izeman82@sky.com (title it “Proving Grounds Month 1”). Try and keep it like the Black Sun Blogs in order ie fluff, army list and goal for that month/how your game went! (http://theblacksunpodcast.tumblr.com/).

Starting our own one over the weekend. more details to follow…

52. izeman82 says:

Ok, first post of the blog is now up, let me know what you guys think!

53. Anyone who wants to blog about this is welcome to do it on the site. Just follow the guide here, and give me a shout.

Alan, I’m going to embed your blog in ours, if that’s cool?

54. Gary says:

Looks really nice dude thanks for organising all this. Just to let you know I’m using Dark elves now though.

55. sanj says:

The first entry to the blog is looking good Alan.

See you tonight, I’ll bring my camera and we can attempt to do a battle report.

Would you be able to bring those gyrocopter parts tonight?

Do you want anything in exchange for them?

Thanks for running the campaign, I didn’t think it was possible but I love you even more for it.

56. juck101 says:

Yeha looks good. Is the art work open source?

I shall try to ping some content to you in the next couple of days for my chaos force

57. izeman82 says:

sanj said

The first entry to the blog is looking good Alan.

See you tonight, I’ll bring my camera and we can attempt to do a battle report.

Would you be able to bring those gyrocopter parts tonight?

Do you want anything in exchange for them?

Will see you tonight, and trying out a battle report will be cool, was gonna ask/try anyway. As for the gyro bits, I will dig them out when I get in, and as for exchange, only your undying devotion and love! Or maybe a coke as I already have the first bit!

58. izeman82 says:

juck101 said

Yeha looks good. Is the art work open source?

I assume the artwork is, found it randomly on the Internet. All, people’s fluff etc, needs to be with me by next week, so you’ve got time Juck!

59. izeman82 says:

Right, last night the first of the T&T games took place for the campaign. Now to look forward to next Tuesday. We have had one person drop out because they can’t be bothered but luckily had a last minute replacement so Oron with his empire has replaced Zak and his ogres. So next week there will be 2 further T&T games, game 1 will have: Gary’s Dark Elves, Juck’s Warrior’s of Chaos, Julian’s Orcs & Goblins and Oron’s Empire. Game 2 will have: Kevan’s Bretonnians, Jamie’s Vampire Counts, Cadian’s Chaos Dwarves and John’s Skaven.

The “kingdoms” on the campaign map will be picked in order of those who have earned the most coins in the games. Last night, the game winner had 700points with of coins, so you have your work cut out for you. I won’t say who won yet, as I am currently writing up,the battle report for the game, and therefore don’t want to spoil that!

Can all those who have yet to play, please contact me to make sure you are still playing, (this is in case we get more drop outs, it will affect the games on Tuesday ie may end up as either 1×4 and 1×3 or 1×6 etc depending on drop outs.) if I haven’t heard by Sunday at the latest, I will assume you aren’t playing, are dead or just don’t care, either way we will carry on the campaign without you, so please contact me ASAP!!

60. sanj says:

Hey Alan,

Another big thanks for all the work you are putting in to this, it is greatly appreciated.

Are you able to add the pictures from last night to dropbox or google drive?

I’d like to do a mini fluff battle report from the dorf’s point of view (those gors came at me unprovoked bro).

Thanks my love.

Sanj

61. Kevlar says:

I’m still in.  See you next Tuesday, unless of course I’m dead.  Where by I expect you all to avenge me!

My 500pts are all most painted for gaming level.

62. Cadan says:

Im still in, not to far from finishing my first 500 pts, just a war-machine, my hero and a lot of basing to go.

A little side note, its Cadan not Cadian as the blog reads.

63. izeman82 says:

Cadan said

A little side note, its Cadan not Cadian as the blog reads.

sorry about the spelling, damn auto-correct! have altered it for you.

Thanks Kevan and Cadan, that just leaves: Julian, Jamie and John left to confirm!

64. izeman82 says:

Sanj, can you pm me our army list from last night? ill also try and figure out how to use my dropbox account!

65. sanj says:

izeman82 said

Sent you the list.

66. izeman82 says:

izeman82 said

Sent you the list.

67. Kevlar says:

Al, sent to your e-mail some Breton fluff and my 500 point starter list.

Could you confirm that you have seen it.  See you on Tuesday.

Question: In a 4 way game how do Bretonnians do their prayers to get a ward save.  Do I have to go last of four players or just not go first?

68. izeman82 says:

Kevlar said

Al, sent to your e-mail some Breton fluff and my 500 point starter list.

Could you confirm that you have seen it.  See you on Tuesday.

i’ve got an idea on how to do this, but we’ll talk on tuesday and run through it with your T&T opponents!
    Thanks for the email, really enjoyed it! can’t wait for future installments!!!

69. sanj says:

Hey Alan,

Just e-mailed you my stuff too.

Did you make any progress with dropbox?

Sanj

70. izeman82 says:

Hey Alan,

Just e-mailed you my stuff too.

Did you make any progress with dropbox?

Sanj

Thanks for the email, tried to invite you to share my drop box folder, so fingers crossed.

71. izeman82 says:

Still not heard from the following; Jamie, Julian and John. Gonna give them less than 24 hours to respond, if no response, will delete them from campaign. Deadline is 1600 tomorrow (26/01/15)
    If you can contact them, please do so and remind them/get them to respond to this or else!!

72. Rat-Bone says:

Hey Alan, sorry for the late reply! I’m still in, got my Rats all painted and ready to treacherously skitterleap their way to victory! Just working on my fluff, I will have it e-mailed to you by tomorrow at the latest. Looking forward to all this, well done and thanks for all the work you’ve put in.

73. izeman82 says:

Rat-Bone said

awesome, that just leaves 2 to track down!

74. juck101 says:

The 6 way game was amazing fun :)

So many well painted armies and the warbands will look great as we carry on. Great night all

(now back to the painting)

75. sanj says:

juck101 said
    The 6 way game was amazing fun :)

I can’t wait to see the blog entries.

76. izeman82 says:

juck101 said
    The 6 way game was amazing fun http://solentwargamers.co.uk/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

I can’t wait to see the blog entries.

going to start putting them up today hopefully, still waiting on some of them. might have to start naming and shaming so i can get them all on by weekend!!

77. juck101 says:

Why not just publish bits as you have them? For a blog its probably better to have a stream of content, rather than a single giant post anyway for people following it

78. Kevlar says:

Yeah great game.

Definitely the funniest. Most of which I can not repeat on this blog.

I am currently writing my game report as a story rather than about who rolled what dice.

Can’t wait for next game.  I have to choose a map area but don’t know why or what I’m selecting.

79. sanj says:

Kevlar said
     I have to choose a map area but don’t know why or what I’m selecting.

Some locations have more tiles surrounding the initial 6/7 starting land so it will give more options to expand but may also be harder to defend and some locations are set in the mountains, one is in the desert, others are bordering marshland and forests. So you may want to pick a location according to the fluff of your army i.e the Bretonnians are less likely to settle in the desert or the mountains unless your fluff dictates otherwise.

I think you will be the third person to pick so you might want to pick somewhere far away or closer to the two people already on the map depending on how much you want to fight them.

@Alan: Maybe you could introduce the first 4 armies then show the battle report for that T&T and then upload the remaining 6 army blogs as they come in.

80. izeman82 says:

Kevlar said
     I have to choose a map area but don’t know why or what I’m selecting.

@ Kevlar No real difference in the starting areas, just whoever is near you will likely be you earlier opponents and may try and steal you land/mines. best to pick areas away from those you want to hide from like Gary and his Dark Elves (think he’s still bitter!! lol). Apart from avoiding people, go for fluff!
    @ Sanj would love to Sanj, but one of the armies i’m waiting for is from that first game! (hint, hint, Garry!!)

81. izeman82 says:

First Three extra blogs up (David’s, Kevlar’s and Sanj’s) more to follow as I get there. mine goes on tomorrow as it’s on my computer at work

82. sanj says:

Nice work Alan, looking good so far.

83. izeman82 says:

sanj said

Nice work Alan, looking good so far.

Thanks Sanj, Juck’s is also added now! at least one more tomorrow, just have to wait for the other slackers.

84. izeman82 says:

Gary F’s also added, that now leaves mine, Garry S’s, Oron’s, John’s and Cadan’s. I gave Oron an extra week as he joined really late, but the others have no real excuse (except me as it’s on my computer at work! lol), although it might be fun to hear them….

85. sanj says:

What forfeits have you got in place for poor excuses?

86. Cadan says:

Im currently away for a wedding sans laptop. i should be home sat/ sun and will sort it out then

87. izeman82 says:

sanj said

What forfeits have you got in place for poor excuses?

dunno, think we could come up with something good though, only missing 2 now, Cadan is “away at a wedding” and Oron, well, Oron’s Oron!

88. izeman82 says:

8/10 blog entries now up and available to read!!

89. sanj says:

izeman82 said
    8/10 blog entries now up and available to read!!

Garry’s beastmen aren’t showing up on the blog.

The rest looks great.

90. izeman82 says:

izeman82 said
    8/10 blog entries now up and available to read!!

Garry’s beastmen aren’t showing up on the blog.

The rest looks great.

should be now, accidentally set it to post later!

91. Rat-Bone says:

Nice work fella! Looking really good. Did you need us to write up some battle reports for our games we’ve just played?

92. izeman82 says:

Rat-Bone said

No, I’m doing one detailed-ish report from the first T&T game with photos etc, but when you do the fluff for next month, in the aims bit you can write a little about it then, ie having played the T&T, you decided to include 3 more rat darts to mess with Oron!

93. izeman82 says:

9/10 armies now added to the blog, just the dodgy welshman to go now!! then i’ll publish the battle report and the round up for month one.

94. izeman82 says:

WOOHOO all 10 armies now on the blog!!!

while i’m at work tomorrow i’ll try and get the report ready to go on and then the round up for month 1!!!

95. sanj says:

Awesome work everyone.

@Alan: I’ve updated the thread with rules for the dwarf knights. I included your suggestion and brought them in line with the new book.

@Cadan: Did you get your warmachines from the metal beard kickstarter or did you buy them from the titan-forge website? I’m thinking about ordering some stuff from the website.

96. izeman82 says:

Right, threw all ten names into a number generator, and here’s the games for month 1/2. Remember you are using 750pts now!
    Game A: Juck (Warriors of Chaos) vs David (Ogre Kingdoms)
    Game B: Kevan (Bretonnians) vs Alan (Skaven)
    Game C: John (Skaven) vs Garry (Beastmen)
    Game D: Sanj (Dwarves) vs Oron (Empire)
    Game E: Gary (Dark Elves) vs Cadan (Chaos Dwarves)

So you have until the end of February to get togther and play the games!! At end of Feb, will need another blog post continuing your armies fluff, the additional parts to your army (ie 250pts worth!) and how the last 2 months have gone/ what you plan to do next!!

HAVE AT IT!!!

97. Cadan says:

Im playing Garry?  I demand a recount!

@sanj I got them off titan forge website. To sum it up, packaging was shit (bits where out of the plastic and just free in the post bag, quite an issue when you have 4 war-machines in the same bag), Most of the models had way more flash than model (i look at my stuff and even now see flash i missed). No building instructions included (both of the cannons should have a dwarf riding them with controls, but in all honesty i could not work out how the flying hell they went together and onto the cannons. This is made worse by the amount of flash on the models, as you are never quite sure what is flash, and the pictures on their website don’t show enough, since in my instance there were no riders on their pics). BUT the models are bloody gorgeous, and even with all the above im still tempted to get a kadaii destroyer off of them. and other people i have talked to haven’t had these problems and found them quite good.

98. Rat-Bone says:

Was meant to ask at the T&T game. Are we allowed to use “End Times” units? Will we be playing with the “End Times” rules (magic phase changes etc) at any point? How do we add units that are over 250 points (big single models. Monsters and such like, say a Verminlord)? Finally will we get any bonus points for wiping Gary Fisher off the map? Cos he’s a bitch :I

99. izeman82 says:

Rat-Bone said

if you want to add units over 250pts, save the points from a previous/following month ie, if you want to use a verminlord, add him in june but add nothing in may or july! as for the end times stuff, yes to models as long as it’s not too un-friendly, (ie the Eternity King or Karl Franz exalted!), as for the magic/magic phases then probably not.
    And as for Gary, well if you pick Dark Elves, then you get what your given…..lol!

100. Rat-Bone says:

Kool, im not too sure i will use a vermin lord but nice to know i have the option. Stormfiends are looking very nice though! Are they considered too un-friendly? I dont know what karl franz ascended etc do so have no reference.

101. Gary says:

Rat-Bone said

The only thing you’ll be wiping is my arse once I make you my slave.

Cadan when you wanna fight dude need to kick your Chaos Dwarfs in the balls!

102. Rat-Bone says:

The way your nicely dressed elves died last game I’m not too concerned. Although I may have to lower myself to painting some delfs for MY slave units.

103. izeman82 says:

Rat-Bone said

them there’s fighting talk!

104. izeman82 says:

First half of the Triumph and Treachery game from 21st January up on the blog, just typing the second half now….let me know any glaringly obvious mistakes.

105. izeman82 says:

….and just to prove I’m not a slouch… part two now live!

106. izeman82 says:

And, because I spoil you lot, month ones round up is now on!

now back to watching Gotham and painting thousands of vermin!!

107. sanj says:

Awesome, good job Alan.

Only one mistake…The dorfs weren’t hiding in the tower, they were fortifying a strategic stronghold.

It was Garry’s general that ran away and spent the rest of the game hiding in a forest.

108. izeman82 says:

Awesome, good job Alan.

lol, 2 sides to every coin, could have been you quivering in the tower and him making a strategic withdrawl to the woods! it’s all a matter of prospective!!

109. sanj says:

Beastmen don’t understand the complexities of a ‘strategic retreat’ :p

110. izeman82 says:

Can I suggest when people play their month two games, that maybe you use 4ft boards rather than 6ft ones, as other wise it could take six turns just to reach each other!!

111. izeman82 says:

Can the five “pairs” list when they are planning on playing this months game, I know of two of the dates; but would like to know the rest as I want to try and battle report one of the games!

Game dates:
    Alan vs Kevan: 24th Feb.
    David vs Juck: 24th Feb.
    John vs Garry:
    Sanj vs Oron;
    Gary vs Cadan

112. juck101 says:

Should we keep our game arrangements for each month to this thread in future?

That should up unpick any communication breakdowns and be a simple way to check everyone is scheduled? Just an idea

113. sanj says:

I should be playing Oron tomorrow on the 10th

EDIT:

I can’t seem to send a PM at the moment.

Cadan said

Do you remember how long the delivery time was?

I’ve heard mixed reviews about the casting too but wanted to check out their airships.

The Kadaii destroyer looks amazing, you should go for it!

114. Cadan says:

two weeks, but that was just before xmas, so probs a bit less normally. other than the flash there was nothing wrong. I am, even with the trouble i had, its SUCH a nice model, i just have to figure out how the hell to fit it in.

I did see somewhere that a few people had issues with the airships.

Me and garry are playing on the 17th

115. Rat-Bone says:

This whole garry/gary gary/garry thing is getting confusing! (Cadian/cadan) I shall therfore refer to them as simmonds and fisher until more suitable and derogatory nicknames are proposed.

Simmonds and I are playing on the 24th.

Good day sirs.

116. sanj says:

I’ve uploaded a quick report of last night’s game with Oron.

He was a fantastic sport, I would have cried and set off my rape alarm if it were me on the other side.

750pt battle report

117. izeman82 says:

Superb report Sanj, just hope Oron can sit down after that arse kicking!!

118. izeman82 says:

izeman82 said

Game dates:
    Alan vs Kevan: 24th Feb.
    David vs Juck: 24th Feb.
    John vs Garry: 24th Feb
    Sanj vs Oron; Played – Sanj decimated Oron (post game results to be rolled for etc..)
    Gary vs Cadan; 17th Feb (battle report will be taken for blog)

Please remember that this game(s) will be with your 750pt armies, not a 2400pt Skaven List – Oron!, Can i also remind all that you next blog entry/photos will need to be ready by the end of the month. Also remember that next month you will need to increase you army to 1000pts + 250pts of Storm of Magic!!

119. izeman82 says:

2 great games so far! three to go, remember that your next blog post/painted armies are due tuesday (blog post can be couple of days later.) need Sanj, Oron and Cadan to bring models down on tuesday for photos. oron and sanj also have their post game rolls to sort out! Gary gained and item during his and Cadan, well shall we just say his daemonsmith is a little weaker than before!

120. Gary says:

That Daemonsmith got everything he deserved for hiding behind that hill lol

121. Cadan says:

have you never heard the well known chaos dwarf phrase “let the slaves die first”. I was totaly playing in charactor, it had nothing to do with the chariot that was about to run him over

122. izeman82 says:

Well, what a great night, three more games complete, all games for month 2 finished! All, game “paperwork” sorted out, just need people to send in their blog posts for month 2 asap, remember it covers what happened on the T&T game not this months game!

I also want to remind/let people know we have dropped the map system and relics – where people would have got relics we have now gone with a artifact award system. So far all the winners have recieved a new item, nothing ground breaking but enough to reward their endeavours.

All games now operate on a round robin system, this way everyone will get to play everyone with a T&T game slotted in the middle! so in this spirit, next months games are as follows:

Sanj’s Dwarves vs Cadan’s Chaos Dwarves – (Stunty-off!!)
      Kevan’s Bretonnians vs Gary’s Dark Elves
      Juck’s Warriors of Chaos vs Oron’s Empire
      Garry’s Beastmen vs Alan’s Skaven
      John’s Skaven vs David’s Ogre Kingdoms

so arrange you games, let me know when, so i can try and arrange a battle report (BatRep) for next months blogs.

123. sanj says:

I should be playing Cadan on the 17th March.

124. Kevlar says:

Garry I can play your Dark Elves on the 24th March.  Did I say play . I meant smash your pathetic pointy eared forces of questionable sexual orientation on Tuesday 24th March.

125. Gary says:

Kevlar said
    Garry I can play your Dark Elves on the 24th March.  Did I sayv  play. I meant smash your pathetic pointy eared forces of questionable sexual orientation on Tuesday 24th March

24th it is. You’ve got more chance of a new Brettonian book being released then you have of beating me!

126. sanj says:

New Bretonnian book due out next week (from a very reliable source on warseer.com)

127. Gary says:

sanj said

Go make some bread dough boy!

128. izeman82 says:

RIGHT. I’M USING CAPITALS TO EMPHASIS THAT I NEED BLOG REPORTS FROM PEOPLE: So far I only have Mine, Dad’s, John’s and Kevin’s! I also need photos of 2 armies: Cadan’s and Oron’s (Oron should be done on Tuesday if he remembers!) I can’t post the battle report until I have Gary and Cadan’s lists/blogs. So guys pull your fingers out and get on with them. RANT OVER!

129. sanj says:

Doing it now!

130. Cadan says:

just pmed you everything

131. sanj says:

Alan has been sneaky and updated the blog The Proving Grounds.

The armies are looking impressive so far, good job.

132. izeman82 says:

sanj said

Alan has been sneaky and updated the blog The Proving Grounds.

The armies are looking impressive so far, good job.

just wanted to see if you were paying attention or not!!

i’ve got Garry’s and mine to go up soon, still waiting on Juck, Gary and Oron!!

133. Rat-Bone says:

Nice job getting stuff sorted Alan. Also kudos go all the bods getting their background written, some really cool stories coming out now. Im really interested to see how it all developes.

134. Kevlar says:

Good stories guys.

I am a little confused as month two being February relays games from January.  Yes?

I have a draft written of February game vs Alan’s Skaven. When do you want this Alan?

My painting going ok readying towards a Dark Elves clash.

135. sanj says:

Good stories guys.

I found it a little bit confusing too (doesn’t take much).

I’d be happier writing about February’s game at the end of February or the beginning of March.

At the moment I’ll need to write/post about my game with Oron at the end of March, when the match was played on the 10th February about 6 weeks prior.

My game against Cadan next week will have changes to my army based on the game with Oron but nobody will have read the fluff by then so it won’t make sense to anyone but me.

I’m not complaining, the campaign is great fun so far, I’d just like to suggest everyone brings their fluff up to date so that we write about the last game we had, not the one prior to it.

136. izeman82 says:

Good stories guys.

I found it a little bit confusing too (doesn’t take much).

the reason it’s confusing is that people should be handing in their blogs before they play each month so the game that month follows the blog you’ve handed in, the trouble is, as some people end up playing their games early in the month, but the blog not due/handed in till the end, they crossover! if it’s still too complicated, then we will have to get a dual month write up in one month. but as i’m still trying to get in all of last months, this may take a while!

137. izeman82 says:

Right, i’ve now added 7/10 of last months blog reports, now still waiting for the following to supply me with their blogs…
    ORON
    GARY F
    and
    JUCK

come on guys. get it together!

138. sanj says:

izeman82 said
    ORON
    GARY F
    and
    JUCK

come on guys. get it together!

They must be punished.

Can you post up the bat rep for Gary and Cadan’s game?

I don’t think people missing the deadline should prevent you from posting other content and I want stuff to read!

139. juck101 says:

Me and Orin agreed to play on the 31st :)

140. izeman82 says:

Although I am still missing two blogs from last months, I have been talking with some about this months blog. This time include the last two games so thatwe have caught up with what’s been played. ie my blog for this months will include both my heroic defeat against Kev and my arse kicking (bloody slug tongue!) against Garry.

141. sanj says:

juck101 said
    Me and Orin agreed to play on the 31st :)

Make sure he shows up with the right army…

142. izeman82 says:

Now only one blog report short, and I’ll let you guys guess who!

143. Gary says:

Loving all the updates this month Al really appreciate all the work you put in

144. izeman82 says:

you’ll be glad to know that the final blog s with me, just waiting for the army list. but should allow me to finish this month over next couple of days, so can start receiving your next months posts which (as stated earlier) should contain your last two battles ie Sanj would write his fluff about the games against Oron and Cadan (the latter will be the battle report for this month! who doesn’t love dwarf on dwarf action!!!)

145. izeman82 says:

Also I will aim to try and do all the photos on the 31st (each whole army including you “storm of magic” additions), if you can’t make it with them all let me know and we’ll arrange something! apart from that…get painting for the following month!!

right back to painting 60 rats for me!

146. Kevlar says:

Hey al. I’m gaming tomorrow. Can’t make 31st.  Hope U got my story addition for game vs you.  What were the rules for the magic mace my bsb picked up as result of our game?

147. izeman82 says:

Kevlar said

just updated the blog with Oron’s blog and the end of month round up which contains what each person gained/lost but to save you forgetting to read it your mace game you a once a game use of D3 wounds on all enemies in base contact As for not being able to make it on the 31st, if you can make the week after I can photo your models then, if not can you photo them and send them to me (photos as follows: group shot, shot of all new models together, and then each new unit/character). This goes for all who can’t make the 31st, either come the following week or photo them for me and email me them.

148. izeman82 says:

p.s. go check on the blog!!

149. sanj says:

izeman82 said
    p.s. go check on the blog!!

It might just be my phone being screwy but I can’t see any updates after Gary’s elves.

150. juck101 says:

Me to. On a desktop I get gary’s DE as the latest post

151. Gary says:

Can only see mine as well on the iPhone

152. izeman82 says:

try again!

153. sanj says:

I can see the updates now.

Good job Alan, you’ll be a master at herding cats by the end of the year.

I have a couple of pictures of Oron’s swordsmen if you want them but the place holder pic is awesome.

p.s At least two of us have babies due this year!

154. izeman82 says:

Well, as we are almost done for this month could do with knowing the results of the games, especially as Tuesday I will need to sort out your rolls for items/rewards/penalties!

So: Garry beat Alan. John beat David, Sanj beat Cadan. just need the results of Gary vs Kev and Oron vs Juck!

The following month will be:

1250 lists!!

Cadan vs Kev
      Gary Vs Garry
      Alan vs David (Battle Report – cause i’m lazy and we can play this at home!!)
      Sanj vs Juck
      Oron vs John

155. Gary says:

I beat Kev, as I knew I would haha. It was a small win and I got a crappy Potion Of Foolhardiness!

Gary vs Garry… Time to add a unit of 10 warlocks

156. Kevlar says:

Close game with Gary but last few dice rolls gave the win to the Dark Elves. although I’m happy I saw off his small Dragon and decked his Cold One Knights.

I will start writing my story/report and send over to you Alan, (you already have story of our Skaven/Breton game).

I took some photos on my phone.  Will send to you.

Gary an Me both have same question: The Storm of Magic 250pts. Does what ever we selected now disappear for a while? I’m ok with this, I just need to know as it affects my choice for next months 250pts.

Also my first pic of the armies set up has a partly dressed Gary which scarred my tactical mind for the rest for the evening!

157. izeman82 says:

Kevlar said

The storm of magic stuff is purely there for 2 reasons, 1. for people to be able to play SoM games and 2. to add variety to two of the 12 months worth of games/hobby!

Kevlar said
    although I’m happy I saw off his small Dragon and decked his Cold One Knights.

Something heroic and historical in Knights killing off a dragon, next you’ll be off rescuing damsels in distress

Kevlar said

It’s the only way he knows how to win, mentally scar you enough to throw you off your game!!

Love the pics!

158. Gary says:

I can confirm that Kev had a semi on when I got a bit naked.

159. Kevlar says:

Cadan. When u want game? 21st April?

160. juck101 says:

izeman82 said

Kevlar said

So does the storm of magic return for Aprils games?

161. sanj says:

juck101 said

So does the storm of magic return for Aprils games?

We aren’t using the map anymore but originally I think the battle that took place closest to the flying fortress was going to be a storm of magic game each month.

I think you just need to agree with your opponent beforehand if you want to use it.

Your opponent this month is me and I’m easy either way.

You might want to wait until you read the battle report with Cadan before you decide…

Are there any Tuesdays you are unavailable in April?

p.s @Alan: My blog entry will be a few days late, I wont have time to finish it tonight or tomorrow, SORRY.

162. Rat-Bone says:

Just sent all my stuff to you Alan. I was under the impression that the Storm of Magic monsters were permanent additions. Can you give us a definate yes or no as to whether we can use them every month as I will have to change my monthly additions if we cant take them. I will put in a strong yes vote in for keeping them in every month as I think they add an extra level of variety to everyones army.

163. juck101 says:

Hi Sanj,

Any tuesday is fine for our game; I would prefer the 21st to ensure my points are painted but i’m flexible. Currently April’s points are undercoated

164. sanj says:

Juck and I are going to play on the 21st April.

165. juck101 says:

Glory to Orin last night. The Empire gained a dark chalice for next game as a reward. (Gary had the table)

Ours was a very good game and I think the spectators found it as fun as I did. Love it :)

166. Rat-Bone says:

Hey guys anyone know if Oron uses the forums much? Sent him a pm but I dont think ive ever seen him post anything on here before. Is there a preferable method of contacting him?

167. juck101 says:

Hes around most weeks in person. A pm should get to him

168. Rat-Bone says:

Thanks Juck, I’ll try and get up the club if I can. If not I’ll try ringing someone and grab him that way.

169. He barely uses the internet, as far as I can tell. You could try calling Trojan Cars, where he works.

170. Gary says:

Rat-Bone said

[email removed to prevent Oron getting spammed to oblivion]

Orons email address mate he’s pretty quick at replying.

171. Rat-Bone says:

Thanks for the info guys, just e-mailed him. If he doesn’t get back to me I will try his work number. if that fails guess I’ll just have to track down his home address and stalk the fucker! xxx

172. izeman82 says:

Hey Guys, not gonna be able to make it down tonight, stuck sorting out work crap!
    To make my life easier this month I’ve decided two things,

Firtsly – so that you can get on with this months games i’ll post the tables on here and get you guys to roll for you bonus/penalties and gear. You will need to roll on either the win/lose table and also on the character one (for each character killed/captured in combat- fleeing off board doesn’t count!) Then you will need to roll on the items table. Each player gets 1 item this month and the game winners get an extra one, so when Garry and I rolled he recieved 2 items and i got one!

Secondly – each of you probably own smart phones with cameras, i thought it’d be good to have a self photographed month, so either phot your army on a game board or on the kitchen table and then email me the pics! In Oron’s case that’s 2 months worth of pictures! The pictures needed are as follows:

A whole army pic
      All the new additions together
      Each new addition ie 10 archers together or each character etc.
      Any other pic of something your proud of, ie my plague furnace conversion!!

just snap away and send in with your reports, or seperate if you are already on the ball and have sent me the blog!!

cheers guys, gonna start getting the next round of blogs on in the next couple of days, so the quicker you get me the pics the quicker your stuff gets put up and remember the report this time should catch you up to the current game ie, fluff about 2 games!

Hopefully see you guys next week, your beloved Overlord, Alan

173. izeman82 says:

Hey guys, sorry not down again, but busy painting up toys for you to kill!! I have receieved 7 blog posts, but only 2 sets of photos! 2 more will be photographed tomorrow, leaving 6 to be done. so culprits are

Oron – 1 blog post and 2 months of sets photos
    Cadan – 1 blog and 1 set of photos
    Garry – 1 blog and 1 set of photos
    Gary – 1 set of photos
    Kev – 1 set of photos
    Juck – 1 set of photos

Please remember it is now the 14th so would like them this week!!!!!!!!!!!

174. izeman82 says:

Also thought you’d like to know that 3 of us (Gary, Garry and I) went to SCGT (South Coast Grand Tournament) – the largest tournament in the UK at the weekend.

Well after 2 grueling days, we ended up doing fairly well, well, two of us did. Gary F, finished 27th fielding a Warriors of Chaos list (4wins and 2 losses), I managed a personal best of 118th with my Pink Dwarves (with 2 wins 1 draw and 3 losses) and well, i won’t tell you about Garry S, as he’s a little upset at finishing lower than me… i’ll give you a clue though it falls between 138 and 140! with his Dark Elves.

All in all another great weekend! now to look forward to Salute at the end of the month!

175. izeman82 says:

First 2 completed blog posts up!! Sanj and John can relax till next time!

176. Gary says:

izeman82 said

So to clarify Garry finished 139th out of 190 players that’s 21 places below Alan and 122 places below me… Lol

177. Gary said

Ouch…

178. izeman82 says:

Gary and Juck’s blog updates now online!!

179. izeman82 says:

David’s blog up, mine to follow tomorrow!

180. izeman82 says:

How goes the games for this month, i know I haven’t been down the club much but thought i’d check in and see what games for this month have been played and when others are booked for!

Don’t forget the games are:

Cadan vs Kevan
    Gary vs Garry
    Alan vs David (Battle Report)
    Sanj vs Juck and
    Oron vs John

181. Kevlar says:

Alan,

Sent you my story blog about three weeks back. Be in your e-mails.

Cadan,

See you tomorrow at 7pm.

All, (sorry about essay)

I was teaching two mates of mine Warhammer, bearing in mind I’m still learning myself.  I think many players are doing the close combat retreating/pursue incorrectly. Apologies if you are already doing this, but I have played a few games where I certainly wasn’t!

Situation: If loosing unit fails leadership test they role to flee.  The winning unit can opt to give chase or attempt a leadership test to hold ground and reform in a different direction.

Here is the difference: P56 “If the victorious unit’s pursuit roll is equal to or greater than the Flee roll scored by the fleeing enemy unit, the fleeing unit is completely destroyed where they stand.”

On p58 the paragraph titled ‘Overrun!’ explains, “If a unit charges into combat and by the end of that round of close combat, all enemies have been wiped out as the result of the combat (rather than pursuit) the unit can choose to make a pursuit move,”

The outcome: So winning unit does not pursue two D6 unless they wipe out the losing unit by removing all their wounds only on turn they charged. If the winning unit beats the loser by breaking them rather than wipe out the 2d6 rolls are to see if loser rolls higher and escapes. If loser does then both units move.  But if winning unit dice roll is higher than loser then it is removed and winner unit stays where they are. They do not reform as they opted to pursue.

Say if I’m wrong?

182. sanj says:

Say if I’m wrong?

You still make the pursuit move even if you roll higher than your opponent.

example:

Unit A losses combat to unit B

Unit B declares they will pursue

Unit A rolls 6 on 2d6

Unit B rolls 7 on 2d6

Unit A is destroyed where they stand

Unit B moves 7″ forward

I can see your interpretation of the overrun rule which suggests you would stay put BUT IT’S WRONG!

183. Kevlar says:

Yep your right.

P56 last para “make this move even if the fleeing unit was caught,”

I have let the club down, I’ve let Sanj down but most of all I’ve let my self down.

Oh well. Carry on Gaming then.

Had great game vs Cadan.  Breton victory against the Chaos Dwarfs. Some good luck magic phases for me and got off all my charges.

184. izeman82 says:

Right definitely time to name and shame!, I am still missing the following with only 2 days to go until the end of the month,

Oron – 1 blog post and 2 months of sets photos
    Cadan – 1 blog and 1 set of photos (this is stopping the battle report being posted!)
    Garry – 1 blog and 1 set of photos

Come on guys this is no good!

185. Gary says:

Feels nice this month to not be shouted at by Al lol. I took some decent shots of Orons army last night and have emailed them to you.

186. izeman82 says:

Gary said

I can shout at you if you want!

187. izeman82 says:

Right we are now in May and these three still have outstanding blog reports/ photos! you have until Monday and then I publish what I have and your entries will simply be written down as “couldn’t be arsed!”

The culprits facing this are:
    Oron – 1 blog post
    Garry – 1 blog and 1 set of photos

So get on with it!

188. Gary says:

Yessssssss Al let the hate flow through you

189. izeman82 says:

Just to let those who don’t know, this months games are going to be three games of Triumph and Treachery! so you will need to post up which Tuesdays you will be able to make from the 19th or 26th, so that I can assign the players to the game!

Will update the blog tonight, so those who didn’t supply me with last months blog posts/photo will get named and shamed!

190. Kevlar says:

Al,

I can only do the last Tuesday 26th May.

191. sanj says:

I can’t do the 19th

192. Gary says:

26th may is my only free Tuesday now

193. juck101 says:

Hi,

The Warriors of the Brass Keep can play both dates, 19th and 26th.

194. Cadan says:

26th is the best date for me. Al could you pm me your email address, i have photos for you

195. Rat-Bone says:

26th is the best for me too! Need all the time I can get to paint all these bastard rats 😮

196. izeman82 says:

so that’s all but Garry and Oron for the 26th just need to chase those two down and find out availability!

Cadan said

Trying like buggery to get the last few bits of this month on by the weekend, so you can start bombarding me with the bits for month 4 (just label them clearly as month 4)

Cadan i’ve pm’d you! – need both your blog and photos for month 3 and possibly you can send me month 4!

197. juck101 says:

What’s the match ups then boss?

198. Kevlar says:

See you guys next Tuesday night.  Whoever I’m to play?

My next 250pts are almost ready for the table top.

199. izeman82 says:

Had a panic thought at work today, how many copies of triumph and treachery do we have between all of us? need 1 more to cover all three games, if not i’ve got to “borrow” resources and photocopy the cards at work!

200. Gary says:

Pretty sure it’s just you and me who have copies of it dude. I would make 2 sets of cards as I can’t guarrentee I’ll be down with house move again this weekend

201. Kevlar says:

Alan,

Would be good to be on table with at least one new person tonight.

Solo games so far: Alan/Gary/Cadan.

Previous multi game was Juck/Gary/Cadan/Oron/Rat-Bone

See you all later.

202. izeman82 says:

Alan,

Would be good to be on table with at least one new person tonight.

Solo games so far: Alan/Gary/Cadan.

Previous multi game was Juck/Gary/Cadan/Oron/Rat-Bone

See you all later.

Moaning only gets you more punishment!! i’m thinking you versus Gary Garry and me! …….lol……..don’t worry we’ll sort it out fairly..ish!

203. juck101 says:

Classic games last night 🙂

204. Kevlar says:

Great games.

My mate Ian was very inspired watching it.  He just started Skaven and previously been 40K only.

Was good to play two guys I had not played before in the tournament.  Don’t mind playing Alan, crushed him before. Would crush him again. ha ha.

It will be good to go against Garry (Beasts) and Sanj (Dwarves) solo in the furture.

Sanj in particular had a great time. he ehe he…..

205. Gary says:

No one has fun playing against Slugtounge Simmonds

206. Rat-Bone says:

Good game last night! Big handshake to Cadan for being a trooper through some really shitty luck. its a shame we wont fit any more t and t games in with the campaign, but im definately up for playing some more non campaign related match ups.

Any word on when the next storm of magic game is Alan, sooper excited to get my next big beasty o the board 😀

207. Gary says:

So what’s the new match ups then Al? First couple of weeks are already taken wanna get sorted

208. izeman82 says:

I suppose i could tell you the next match ups! might make it easier for you to arrange games…

So….

Juck’s Chaos Warriors vs Cadan’s Chaos Dwarves
    John’s Skaven vs Sanj’s Dwarves
    Alan’s Skaven vs Oron’s Empire
    Garry’s Beastmen vs Kevan’s Bretonnians
    and therefore your game is:
    David’s Ogres vs Gary’s Dark Elves!!

Enjoy!

209. Rat-Bone says:

Is it just the standard add 250 points this month then alan? No storm of magic yet?

210. Kevlar says:

To Beasty Garry,

I’m good for Tuesdays of 23rd or 30th?

211. Gary says:

Sooo today all the warhammer army books, end time books and rulebooks get taken off the shelf in prep for 9th ed. Looks like there’s going to be a total reset of everything like with the ravening hordes back in 5th/6th? Looks like it truly was the end times for warhammer!

212. garrysimmonds says:

Sad face :'(

@kev the 30th would be best for me 🙂

213. juck101 says:

Yeah big changes ahead potentially.

214. juck101 says:

I’m free Cadan the last two weeks of the month as my PM – either 23rd or 30th for our clash of chaos 🙂

215. Kevlar says:

See u on 30th Garry.   Is warhammer 9 going to b very different?

216. izeman82 says:

Right time to do the nagging thing again, i’ve uploaded all the reports (apart from mine), that I have for Month 4. This means that the following are still missing, bearing in mind people should be supplying me with month 5 as well this month, so far for both months I have the following:

Gary F. – Got Month 4 need Month 5
      Oron – Got Month 4 (not expecting month 5 as he missed the game!)
      Kev – Got Month 4 and 5
      David – Got Month 4 and 5
      John – Got Photos only for Month 4 need report and also both bits for month 5
      Cadan – need Month 4 and 5
      Juck – need Month 4 and 5
      Garry – need Month 4 and 5
      Sanj – need month 4 and 5

I also hav ethe battle report for month 4 ( David vs Me) but no report for the T&T’s from month 5. if anyone wants to write one please do.

NAGGING OVER……. FOR NOW. Please supply the remaining month 4 asap and the month 5’s by end of month.

217. Rat-Bone says:

So whats the word nerds? Has AoS killed the campaign or are peeps still up for continuing? Im still game.

218. Zak says:

Gary Fisher seems like he is out 🙂 we both have caught the AOS bug!

Its a cool game

219. Gary says:

yrah I’m out. Don’t see the point in carrying on now AOS is out. Think it’s been a fun 6 months and big thanks to Al for running it and continuing to pester us for stuff when we were slacking.

220. Kevlar says:

I’m up for it Rat Bone.

8th it is!

Not to say I won’t play AOS but they are so different why not play both games with same models?

Alan whats the next line ups? I have not played Jon, (Rat Bone), Sanj or Oron or Juck.

221. izeman82 says:

this month we are gonna take a break to allow the impact of AoS and see where we stand next month, so use this month to finish any paint jobs/blogs/pics that are needed! we will see where we stand next month!

222. juck101 says:

That sounds sensible boss.

I think the change has killed my motivation and I know Cadan was finding it hard without any idea of 9th ed rules would be supplied for Chaos Dwarf. Its a bit early to know whats going on really, so a minor break sounds good.

223. Kevlar says:

No can do game this month, (August).

Next month maybe.

224. Gary says:

Well chaos dwarfs now have warscrolls   For Cadan on the forsgeworld website. If everyone wants to continue I’m happy to with AOS we could just carry on and add a warscroll every month?